Well, recently, Jim launched his latest back-pocket book. The International Edition of Teamwork & Teamplay. It includes (in it's 4.5 by 6 inch portable size), 50 "team" activities that are each briefly described in 16 different languages and then detailed out in English. Included in this collect is The Big Question (the reason for my trip down memory lane).
Find your copy today on Amazon. In this new book Jim references his Teamwork & Teamplay Cards. With this oversized deck of cards you can run over a dozen activities - Jim's collection of 52 BIG questions are included on the faces of the cards. (And, you guessed it, you can use T&T Cards as a standard deck of playing cards. To those of you on the FUN Followers list, Box Cards from FUNdoing Fridays (April 8th) is enhanced with the oversized cards.) Find your Teamwork & Teamplay Cards here.
Below are some of Jim's questions (from his new book) and some of mine that I've used (collected) over the years.
PLAY: I simply ask my participants to stand back-to-back with someone else. When everyone is paired up I ask everyone to turn around and say hello to their partner. Then, I shout out a BIG Question from my list and ask everyone to share their answers with their partners. After sufficient time I call out, "Back-to-back with someone new!" When everyone is paired up again I repeat the process. Usually six or seven questions keeps the interest going. Then it's off to the next activity...
- What inspires you?
- What makes you laugh?
- What is the most interesting thing you have ever found?
- When was the last time you were really surprised - what's the story?
- If the day was 25 hours long, what would you do with the extra hour?
- What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
- What is something you've lost and then found again?
- Describe a kind thing you've done for someone else.
- Name three things for which you are thankful.
- Describe something you have done to make the world a better place.
Questions from Chris:
- When you think about tomorrow, what comes to mind?
- What do you think is the most exciting invention in your lifetime?
- What, and where, would you plant, if you could plant, any plant?
- When your get up and go has gone up and went, where does it go?
- If the world goes back to the barter system, with what will you barter?
- Why does everything slow down when you are in a hurry?
- If you had a super-power, what would it be - what's the story?
- If you had a magic carpet for a day, where would you go?
- Choose any living person to have lunch with - why did you choose this person?
- Who is one of your heroes? How did this person get to be a hero to you?
Make the Questions Mobile Take a screen capture of these questions and send it to your mobile device, then crop the questions out and have them close by for easy access. (Or, Join the FUN E-List before April 15th and you'll receive a downloadable PDF of the questions to send to your mobile device.)
What are your favorite questions to ask participants? Share them with us in the comments below.
Have FUN out there.